Monday, September 17, 2012

Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins


It may be the fifth-to-last day of summer according to the calendar, but if you ask me? It's fall. And I'm obsessed with it.

So is everybody else, I know. But I never realized until this year how different I feel during these months. I feel like the year is just starting for me. I'm excited about things. Even if it's just little things, like Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses. Or Halloween decorations that I don't even buy. Or Candy Corn Oreos that I can't seem to find anywhere!

I love being outside when it's just cold enough to need a jacket. And going to the pumpkin patch, even though it's the same every year. And sipping something warm while I listen to Norah Jones on my way to work. I could do that any time of year, right? But somehow it's different now. Better.

I buy candy for trick-or-treaters that I know aren't going to come to my door. I drag Stephen into Bath & Body Works so I can obsess over all the new candles and force him to smell all of them with me. I think about making caramel corn almost every day. I start thinking about Christmas way too early.

It's finally, finally, finally time for all of that! I'm so excited.

Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins
Adapted from Bakergirl

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, and melted butter.

3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

4. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake for 9-10 minutes.

Makes about 18 mini muffins.

1 comment:

  1. That got me a little excited too! Do we get to try some of one muffins tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete