Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend.

Stephen was out of town ALL weekend. Which... never happens.

I had no idea what to do with myself. Before this, we hadn't spent more than 12 hours apart in the past six years. I felt like I was on vacation in someone else's life.

Someone who thinks it's appropriate to eat a loaf of jalapeno cheddar foccacia bread for dinner. And watches six hours of Felicity on Netflix. And manages to defy the laws of physiology by gaining five pounds in four days.

NOT even kidding.

Needless to say, I'm glad that I'm leaving in an hour to pick him up from the airport. My waistline can't take much more of this. Not to mention that I've had to be the sole caregiver of our pigdog all weekend. Enough is enough!

Other than attending the midnight premier of The Hunger Games (did I mention eating a movie theater size box of Milk Duds?), the most exciting part of my weekend was making these:


S'more stuffed chocolate chip cookies!

If you want to make some of your own (um, of course you do!), all you need is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and some of these delicious things from Trader Joe's:


Dear whoever invented these,
I love you.
Sincerely, Allix

Scoop the cookie dough into 1/4 cup portions and split each portion in half. Press a S'mashing S'more into one half, top it with the other half, and roll the whole thing into a ball so that the entire s'more is covered. Like this:


Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are set. Toward the end of the baking time, you may need to use a spatula to flatten the center of each cookie.

Serve warm, of course! Makes about 12 large cookies.

 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds EPIC and I need to make them, stat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete