Sunday, June 26, 2011

Depressing News, Ramblings of a Baked Good, A Rant About Catch Phrases, Random Latin Words, Confessions of The Nonpareil Baker, A Top Ten List, and The Longest Post Title Ever

Are you ready for some seriously depressing news? Like... seriously.

I missed my blog's first birthday. Whaaat?

I had big plans for this momentous occasion. Nonpareil plans, if you will. I was going to bake something that would say,
"Hey, Allix. Good job. You started a blog. And you kept doing it for a whole year. And it helped you change your life. You don't hate your job anymore. And your boyfriend likes you more because you discovered the recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies ever. And your dad likes you more because you made him monster cookies twice. And your sister likes you more because you made her red velvet cupcakes on her birthday. And your mom likes you more because you made her butter pecan cake with extra frosting. And your coworkers like you more because you brought them sugar cookie bars and peanut butter brownies. Even the waiter at the mexican restaurant whoyourfamilyisfriendswithbecausetheyeatstheresooften likes you more because you made him peanut butter surprise cookies. And on top of all that, you like your life more because you make cinnamon rolls and brownies and cupcakes and cookies all the time. And you get to eat them right after they come out of the oven. And no one can tell you that you're not allowed to lick the batter off of every. last. spoon. "
I know. That's kind of a lot for one baked good to say. But it was going to happen. And somehow I missed it. FAIL.

On a side note, don't you hate it when a word or phrase is momentarily trendy, and then people latch onto it and use it ALL THE TIME?

Exempli gratia:
  • "I wet my pants when I was up to bat at my little league baseball game and ran away crying...FAIL."
  • "I put a 1/2 cup of salt in a batch of chocolate chip cookies instead of a 1/2 teaspoon... FAIL."
  • "I left a bag of miniature Reese's on my bedroom floor, and my dog ate the whole bag, including the wrappers... FAIL."

Other favorites: "not gonna lie," "just sayin'," and "pretty sure."

Uggghhh. Anyway, all of those things really happened to me. See what's happening here? We're getting to know each other. Love it.

Eew. That's another one.

So, this post was only supposed to be about my extreme disappointment in my inattentiveness to this blog's milestones. But somehow I ended up using Latin words and ranting about catch phrases. Just know that a belated birthday post is imminent. And whatever I decide to make will convey everything written in that block quote above. Prepare yourself.

Until then, I recommend that you pass the time by trying one of my ten favorite recipes from the past year (listed chronologically, not preferentially):

1. Yeast Raised Doughnuts

2. Sugar Cookie Bars

3. Pumpkin Scones

4. Cranberry Bliss Bars

5. Chewy Brownies

6. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

7. Cinna-Buns

8. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

9. Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies

10. Monster Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment