Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven


I keep surprising myself with the kinds of things that end up on my wish list now that I'm an adult and have my own home. Example: I was super excited to receive a walk-through baby gate from my parents for Christmas, which will eliminate us having to set up and take down (or climb over) the non-walk-through gate we have been using to keep Charlie contained in the laundry room.

Another example is this toaster oven. I've been wanting to replace my old toaster oven ever since we accidentally turned it on with a loaf of bread sitting on top of it, the plastic from which melted onto the top and forever left its mark. Even though it still worked, it looked tacky, and the baking tray that came with it was irrevocably tarnished with three years' worth of the charred remnants of meals past.

So, when CSN Stores offered me another opportunity to review one of their products, I knew that a new toaster oven was in my future. I chose this particular oven because it matches my kitchen, it comes with a baking tray, and it was relatively inexpensive.

This oven has three different control knobs (temperature, function, and timer) which are fairly self-explanatory, although I did double-check the manual just to make sure I was using them correctly. Then again, I tend to double-check most everything. The oven heated quickly and cooked my food very evenly. In case you were wondering, I decided to christen my new oven with a Meatballs & Mozzarella Lean Pocket. Gourmet, I know. One aspect I really like is the timer, which goes as high as 30 minutes, whereas my old toaster oven's timer only went up to 15 minutes. My only complaint is that there was a bit of smoke and a burning smell when I first turned it on, but the manual says that this is normal during the first use.

The bottom line? If you are as boring as I am and have a toaster oven on your wish list, I think this one would be a good choice!

FTC Disclaimer: This product was purchased in part with a gift code provided to me for free by CSN Stores; however, all opinions stated above are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with my new Vremi best toasters 2 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster!!! I use it every single day. It works for toast and for Bagels because it has Wide Slots. It has Adjustable Temperature Control and other feature buttons. It's super retro and classy! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone!

    ReplyDelete